Friday, August 31, 2007

Today's hero: James

I spend a lot of time at Daily Kos. I find it far more intelligent and informative than the MSM (main stream media). It's also a place where people do a lot of grass-roots organizing and fund raising. It shows just how powerful people can be, and just how effective the internet can be.

But I digress. This morning, I read about this young man named James, who is autistic, and lives with a number of other medical challenges. But, he and his family do not let his "disabilities" define him. They are part of who is he is, but not WHO he is.

He's joining a football team, he's trying to raise money to get a service dog, he's trying to be a normal teen.

Read more about James here. I hope you see him for who he is, learn a bit more about his challenges, and consider becoming part of the netroots.

No comments: