Thursday, December 6, 2007

To the fool who called in the bomb scare...

Yes, folks, for those of you who missed the fun today, there was a bomb scare that closed University hall for over three hours. As a result, I got to teach in the student cafe. Joy.

But seriously, it really irks me that someone thinks it's a good idea to call and get the largest academic building on a college campus closed the week before finals. Ok, maybe it makes sense if one is trying to avoid having to take an exam or hand in a project. Good for you. What about the 16,000 other students who have classes in that building?

I have to commend my undergrads who came to the cafe today to work on their projects, get feedback, etc. I'm sorry it was not our best hour. It will work itself out.

To the yahoo who made the bomb threat. If you didn't already know, it's against the law. And for once, I am glad the Patriot Act can spank your ass to the fullest extent of the law. How dare you be so selfish?

OK, I feel all better now.

5 comments:

Renn said...

people do not realize by doing something like that it effects everybody in the building. People do not think before they act upon things. By pulling the fire alarm it effected our class and working on our projects. people make me mad sometime!!

Dee said...

From now on I'm taking all bomb threats seriously. With all the crazy things going on right now, there's no way i'm taking any chances. School shooting, mall shooting? what the hell is this world coming too. I'm afraid to leave my house sometimes, even though I know it may sound crazy, but I'm sure some people could agree with me.

E. Quaranti said...

The bomb scare was so unexpected and It took away from important class time. I was mad.

root1324 said...

Yea I found it all really amusing. I was sitting in the class waiting for class to start. Then all of a sudden a fire alarm goes off so I figured it was just a drill. But then I get outside and I hear it was a bomb scare. It was probably just some kid that did not have a paper done for one of their classes and went to a little overboard with the bomb scare. To bad we live in America and they take this stuff pretty seriously so I'm sure it will not be long before its traced back to whoever did it.

Bien-aime said...

The bomb scare didn't effect me because I was at a funeral that day, but to come back and hear about it was just the last thing I needed to hear. I remember just rolling my eyes because I can't take these things seriously anymore. I fear that I hear these things so much that I have become immune to them and when it is a serious threat I wont treat it as one. These constant threats are crying wolf, one day it will really happen and no one will move...